Author Topic: Setup - output path for NC post and setup files  (Read 1710 times)

Greg Haisley

• HSMWorks User
Setup - output path for NC post and setup files
« on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
Could the setup page include output folder path for NC posting and setup sheets?

I program multiple jobs during the day and to constantly remember to switch the path
for the correct job is becoming annoying.

Please advise -
Greg Haisley
CamTool Inc.
* SolidWorks/HSMWorks *
6 CNC lathes, 8 CNC mills, CMM, Passivation of Stainless Steel. TypeII Anodizing of aluminum

KMR

Re: Setup - output path for NC post and setup files
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 08:03:47 AM »
I agree. This would be very useful since we usually work on more than one job every day. Also, the program name in the job setup page should automatically flow through to the program name/number in the post page. This way there will no need to change the program number for every job while posting.

Greg Haisley

• HSMWorks User
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »
+1

Also could the NC path be included on the setup sheet?
So the operator knows exactly where to look for the correct NC program on the server.
Greg Haisley
CamTool Inc.
* SolidWorks/HSMWorks *
6 CNC lathes, 8 CNC mills, CMM, Passivation of Stainless Steel. TypeII Anodizing of aluminum

René Fonseca

• Development
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »
The program name and comment from the job are already used when you post then job. If you only post some specific operations then the job program and comment will not be used automatically.

René Fonseca

• Development
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
I'm not sure how you organize your NC programs.

The NC output folder is both persistent per post and relative to the your part file. By default the NC output folder is an absolute path but your can change it to a relative path if you prefer this.

1. So if your NC files should go in a subfolder relative to your part file then simply enter something like "nc" as the output folder. This will put your NC programs in the nc subfolder for the folder container your part file.

2. If you use the same post for multiple machines then you could just copy the post into separate post files and give the posts the name for the corresponding machines. Since the NC output folder is persistent per post you only need to set your output folder once.

3. We can consider adding the output folder in the new machine configuration also. However, I'm not sure about the implications until I actually look at this.

KMR

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 12:57:36 PM »
What if I want to post the nc files to the folder where the part file is located? What should I specify in the folder location?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:59:20 PM by Prasad JB »

René Fonseca

• Development
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »
Use "." for this.

René Fonseca

• Development
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »
FYI

".." means parent folder.

eg. "..\nc" would put the NC file in the "nc" folder of the parent folder containing the part file.

René Fonseca

• Development
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 01:09:25 PM »
One more note. You do not need to type in the relative path manually. You can just click the select button next to the path (the button with the 3 dots). HSMWorks will use the relative path automatically if you select a path that is relative to the part file.